If you’ve got leftover barbecue chicken, don’t let it go to waste! With just a few simple ingredients and some basic kitchen skills, you can easily make an incredibly delicious soup that will leave your taste buds wanting more. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to make a hearty and flavorful barbecue chicken soup with avocado that is sure to please the whole family.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 onion, chopped
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
– 2 carrots, peeled and diced
– 2 stalks of celery, diced
– 4 cups chicken broth or stock
– 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 2 cups cooked barbecue chicken, shredded or chopped into small pieces
– 1 (14.5 ounce) can of diced tomatoes with juice
– 1 (15 ounce) can of white beans, drained and rinsed
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Avocado for topping (optional)
– Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
1. In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and jalapeno pepper, and cook for about 5 minutes until softened. Add the carrots and celery, and continue to stir occasionally until they are also softened.
2. Add the chicken broth or stock, smoked paprika, and oregano, and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
3. Add the cooked barbecue chicken, diced tomatoes with juice, and white beans to the pot. Season with salt and pepper, and continue to simmer for another 5-10 minutes until the beans are warmed through.
4. Serve the soup hot, garnished with fresh avocado slices and chopped parsley, if desired. Enjoy!
Looking for a savory and satisfying soup that makes use of leftover barbecue chicken? Then look no further than this delicious recipe for barbecue chicken soup with avocado! It’s simple to make, packed with flavor, and is guaranteed to be a family favorite.
1. What are some tips for making a flavorful barbecue chicken soup?
One tip for adding flavor to your barbecue chicken soup is to use high-quality ingredients and seasonings such as olive oil, fresh herbs, and quality broth or stock. You can also deepen the savory flavors of the soup by using a precooked chicken, which has a more intense flavor than raw chicken.
2. Is it possible to make this soup using leftover barbecue chicken that was not originally used for the soup?
Yes, you can absolutely make this soup using leftover barbecue chicken that was not originally used in the recipe. Simply shred or chop any leftover BBQ chicken and mix it into the soup along with the other ingredients.
3. Can this barbecue chicken soup be customized to suit different tastes or dietary needs?
Yes, you can customize this barbecue chicken soup based on your own personal preferences or any dietary restrictions you may have. For example, if you are looking for a gluten-free or dairy-free option, you can use gluten-free chicken broth or stock, and substitute ingredients such as beans and avocado with other plant-based or allergy-friendly alternatives.
4. How can I serve this soup to make it a more satisfying meal?
One great way to add extra heartiness and nutrition to your barbecue chicken soup is to serve it with a side of bread, crackers, or tortilla chips. You can also try adding some chopped veggies, such as bell peppers or zucchini, to the soup for an extra boost of vitamins and fiber. Finally, you can top your soup with some chopped avocado or sliced cheese for added flavor and richness. Enjoy!